In this episode of Adapt or Perish, we discuss Charles Portis’ True Grit!
For this episode, we read, watched, and discussed:
- Charles Portis’ original 1968 novel. Read it on Amazon or iBooks.
- The 1969 John Wayne movie of the same name, directed by Henry Hathaway, starring John Wayne, produced by Hal B. Wallis, written by Marguerite Roberts, and starring John Wayne, Kim Darby, Glen Campbell, Robert Duvall, and John Wayne. Watch it on iTunes or Amazon.
- The 2010 movie adaptation, written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen, and starring Jeff Bridges, Hailee Steinfeld, Matt Damon, and Josh Brolin. Watch it on iTunes or Amazon.
- Episode 11 of Adapt or Perish, The Fault in Our Stars
- The Last of Us and Children of Men
- “True Grit” written by Don Black and Elmer Bernstein, performed by Glen Campbell
- Arielle’s thinking of Maureen McGovern in The Poseidon Adventure, not Karen Carpenter
- When Jeremy said “John Wayne is just John Wayne,” and thought he was quoting The Birdcage, he was thinking of a line from Get Shorty. It’s important to him that you know that.
- Rooster Cogburn, 1975, starring John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn
- Cinematographer Roger Deakins
- Actor Elizabeth Marvel
- Theater director Ivo van Hove
- Coen regular Peter Stormare
- Joel & Ethan Coen - Shot/Reverse Shot from the YouTube channel Every Frame a Painting
If you want to send us a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or tweet using #adaptcast.