In this episode of Adapt or Perish, we discuss every version of A Star is Born!
For this episode, we watched versions of A Star is Born from:
- 1937, directed by William A. Wellman, produced by David O. Selznick, written by Robert Carson, Dorothy Parker, and Alan Campbell, and starring Janet Gaynor and Fredric March. Watch it on iTunes and Amazon.
- 1954, directed by George Cukor, produced by Sidney Luft, written by Moss Hart, and starring Judy Garland and James Mason. Watch it on iTunes and Amazon.
- 1976, directed by Frank Pierson, produced by Jon Peters, written by John Gregory Dunne and Joan Didion, and starring Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. Watch it on iTunes.
- 2018, directed by Bradley Cooper, written by Eric Roth, Cooper, and Will Fetters, and starring Cooper and Lady Gaga. Watch it on iTunes.
- What Price Hollywood?, 1932, directed by George Cukor, produced by David O. Selznick, and starring Constance Bennett, Lowell Sherman, and Neil Hamilton.
- The Motion Picture Production Code, aka The Hays Code
- Gregory Ratoff and All About Eve
- Dorothy Parker
- Andy Devine and Disney’s Robin Hood
- Joan Didion
- You Must Remember This: The Birth of Barbra Streisand’s A Star is Born
- Jon Peters, American film producer and former hairdresser.
- Kevin Smith on his experience working with Jon Peters: Part One and Part Two.
- Kris Kristofferson, star of Tad and Blade, and songwriter of “Me and Bobby McGee.”
- The video for Lady Gaga’s “Telephone” ft. Beyoncé
- Jeff Bridges and Crazy Heart
If you want to send us a question or comment, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet using #adaptcast.