In this episode of Adapt or Perish, we discuss Annie Proulx’s Brokeback Mountain!
For this episode, we read and watched:
- Annie Proulx’s original short story, first published in the New Yorker on October 13, 1997, an expanded version of which was published in Close Range: Wyoming Stories. Read Close Range on iBooks or Amazon.
- Brokeback Mountain, the 2005 movie directed by Ang Lee, written by Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, and starring Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. Watch it on iTunes or Amazon.
- limn, verb, to represent in drawing or painting; to portray in words; describe
- Matthew Shepard
- Our own episode on The Birdcage
- Ang Lee, director of The Wedding Banquet, Sense and Sensibility, Hulk, and Brokeback Mountain
- “Gene Shalit's Brokeback Mountain review angers gay rights group” from The Advocate
- “No Man’s Land” from The New Republic
- “Return to the Range” from The Wall Street Journal
- Brokeback Mountain, the 2014 opera by composer Charles Wuorinen, with libretto by Annie Proulx
If you want to send us a question or comment, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet using #adaptcast.