In this episode of Adapt or Perish, we discuss Howards End, E.M. Forster’s classic tale of class relations in turn of the century Britain.
For this episode, we read and watched:
- E.M. Forster’s original 1910 novel. Read it on iBooks or Amazon.
- The 1992 movie, directed by James Ivory, produced by Ismail Merchant, written by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, and starring Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins, Vanessa Redgrave, and Helena Bonham Carter. Watch it on iTunes or Amazon.
- The 2017 miniseries, directed by Hettie MacDonald, written by Kenneth Lonergan, and starring Hayley Atwell, Matthew Macfadyen, Philippa Coulthard, Tracey Ullman, and Julia Ormond. Watch it on iTunes or Amazon.
- A Room with a View, A Passage to India, and Maurice
- “Common People” by Pulp
- James Ivory accepting the Best Adapted Screenplay Academy Award for Call Me By Your Name
- James Ivory discusses Howards End at the Film Society of Lincoln Center
- “This Time Tomorrow” by The Kinks as used in Wes Anderson’s The Darjeeling Limited
- “Blink” from Series 3 of the BBC’s Doctor Who reboot
If you want to send us a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or tweet using #adaptcast.