Just in time for the Fourth of July, in this episode of Adapt or Perish, we discuss Peter Benchley’s Jaws!
For this episode, we watched and discussed:
- Benchley’s original novel, published in 1974. Read on Amazon or iBooks.
- The 1975 movie, directed by Steven Spielberg, and starring Roy Schneider, Richard Dreyfuss, and Robert Shaw. Watch on iTunes or Amazon.
- Thalassophobia: an intense and persistent fear of the sea or of sea travel.
- Fish vs. Cetacea
- Bears Not Attracted to Menstruating Women from Live Science
- “Bitch eating crackers”
- The “Father and Son” scene from Jaws
- The USS Indianapolis
- John Milius
- Jaw 2, Jaws 3-D, Jaws: The Revenge, and Jaws 19
- Lorraine Gary and Sid Sheinberg
If you want to send us a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or tweet using #adaptcast.