This week, in our first installment on the character of Sherlock Holmes, we’re discussing Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Hound of the Baskervilles.
In this episode, we read and watched:
- Doyle’s original novel, published in 1902. Buy on Amazon or iBooks.
- The 1939 film version, starring Basil Rathbone. Buy on Amazon.
- The 1959 Hammer Film production, starring Peter Cushing. Buy on Amazon or iTunes.
- The 1982 TV version, starring Tom Baker, originally airing on the BBC. Stream it on BritBox.
- The 1983 made-for-television version, starring Ian Richardson. Buy on Amazon.
- The 1988 episode of Sherlock Holmes, starring Jeremy Brett in his second of four series as the character. Buy on Amazon or stream it on BritBox.
Some of the stuff we talked about in this episode: