In this episode of Adapt or Perish, we discuss Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s The Little Prince!
For this episode, we read and watched:
- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s 1943 novella. Read on iBooks or Amazon.
- Will Vinton’s 1979 claymation short film of The Little Prince. Watch on YouTube.
- The 1974 movie musical, directed by Stanley Donen, written by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, and starring Richard Kiley, Bob Fosse, and Gene Wilder. Watch on iTunes or Amazon. Soundtrack available on iTunes or Amazon.
- The 2015 animated movie adaptation, directed by Mark Osborne, and starring Jeff Bridges, Rachel McAdams, Paul Rudd, and Mackenzie Foy. Watch on Netflix.
- Voltaire’s Candide
- Wind, Sand and Stars and Night Flight, also written by de Saint-Exupéry
- The works of Will Vinton, including The California Raisins, The Adventures of Mark Twain, Moonwalker, and Rip Van Winkle
- Lerner and Loewe, writers of Brigadoon, Paint Your Wagon, Camelot, Gigi, and My Fair Lady
- Stanley Donen, director of Singin’ in the Rain, On the Town, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Funny Face, and Damn Yankees
- Richard Kiley, expensive star of Man of La Mancha
- The rose, a woody perennial flowering plant of the genus Rosa
- The Star Wars Holiday Special
- BOB FOSSE
- The theatrical trailer for the 1974 musical
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s Jurassic Park music video, directed by Mark Osborne
- Bone, the comics series by Jeff Smith
- Gillian Armstrong and Robin Swicord’s Little Women (discussed in episode 7 of this podcast!)
If you want to send us a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or tweet using #adaptcast.